The Technology Services (TS) Department provides internal service and support for the City of Walla Walla. TS provides the technology leadership, innovation, and support for all City technology related initiatives. Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a division of Technology Services and provides centralized Geo-spatial solutions to citizens and internal customers. Both TS and GIS strive to inspire, innovate and deliver solutions for the City strategies and initiatives.
Technology Services is responsible for and provides these internal services:
- Application Support and Development: Technical support, business support, database administration and project leadership for enterprise applications used by the City.
- Cyber Security: Protect, monitor, and manage.
- Desktop Support: Provide support for desktop hardware and software.
- GIS: Application development and support, business system integration's, GPS support, data management, mapping, and innovation.
- Network Administration: Manage connectivity and security.
- Server Administration: Manage all network servers, including backup and recovery.
- Technology Planning: Research and propose technology solutions, prepare future cost projections, develop project implementation plans for technology projects.
- Telephony and Mobility: Telephone management and network, and mobility of workforce.
Check out maps and applications in the Geographic Information Systems/GIS page: