Technically known as Walla Walla Emergency Services Communications, we are known to our users as "WESCOM" or "Dispatch."
The Police Department's Division of Dispatch provides 911 call answering to the 54,000 residents of Walla Walla County, which covers an area of approximately 1,300 square miles. We dispatch for:
- College Place Fire Department
- Walla Walla Sheriff's Office
- Walla Walla Police Department
- Walla Walla Fire Department
- College Place Police Department
- Rural fire districts 1, 3, 4, 6, 7 & 8
We also handle non-emergency requests for public works and utility problems. Our Center is:
- Operational 24 hours a day, every day
- Staffed by 12 dispatchers, 3 supervisors, an administrative secretary, and a dispatch manager
- Operates 3 rotating shifts
- Handles approximately 111,000 calls for service annually, of which more than 24,000 are emergency 9-1-1 calls
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact one of our on-duty supervisors or the Public Safety Communications Manager.