The City Attorney's office handles:
- Legal issues brought before the City.
- Civil lawsuits against the City.
- Prosecutes misdemeanor and/or gross misdemeanor criminal cases referred by the Walla Walla Police Department.
- Land use matters involving the City.
- Provides legal advice to the City Council and City staff.
- Reviews all City contracts and agreements.
The Walla Walla City Attorney's Office has five full-time staff members:
- Tim Donaldson, City Attorney/City Prosecutor
- J Preston Frederickson, Assistant City Attorney/Assistant City Prosecutor
- June Riley, Assistant City Attorney/Assistant City Prosecutor
- Ann McCambridge, Paralegal
- Jodi Stephens, Legal Secretary